These are the general guidelines unless otherwise publicly posted
The Dungeon Monitor’s word is the final word, please respect this.
1. Please arrive and leave in street clothes. When stepping out of the building, please cover up and act appropriately.
2. All attendees to any event (public or private) must be at least 19 years of age.
3. Absolutely no drugs or alcohol permitted.
4. All play is guided by the principle that responsible kink is safe (or safer), sane and consensual. The universal safe word at Bastet is “RED”. When RED is called in a scene, all play relating to that scene must stop immediately. The parties involved can then decide how to proceed. Do not touch other people’s toys, human or otherwise, without their permission.
5. Guests and members are expected to clean up equipment, play areas and social spaces after using them. Please bring your own towel if you anticipate making a mess.
6. No cell phone use is allowed in the social or dungeon areas. Cell phones may only be used outside or in the entrance area. Please point phones towards a wall, away from play areas.
7. Genitals & nipples must be covered in the public areas in accordance with the HRM Bylaws.
8. Scat and watersports are not permitted. Before starting a scene including fireplay, breathplay, bloodplay, needles or genital torture, discuss plans with the DM on duty. All play is at the discretion of the DM on duty.
9. Vaginal and anal penetration–by body parts or objects–are not allowed. Oral-genital contact is not allowed. No exception. Before beginning a scene involving genitalia, discuss plans with the DM on duty. All play involving genitalia is at the discretion of the DM on duty.
10. Photography is permitted in the private rooms only. Before taking a photo, secure the consent of everyone in the private room and notify the DM on duty.
11. Please limit scenes on shared equipment to a maximum of 45 minutes.
Anyone found breaking these rules will get one warning from the DM and then will be asked to leave.
In addition to the formal club rules, these guidelines help ensure the club remains a safe, fun and clean environment.
- Respect the club rules. Don’t make the DM constantly remind you of them. They are posted in the club in case you forget.
- Treat everyone with respect. You don’t have to be everyone’s friend, but try to keep personal issues outside the club.
- Do not belittle any fetish or kink that you may not appreciate or understand. Your kink may not be my kink, but your kink is ok.
- Respect everyone’s gender identity. If you’re unsure which pronoun to use with someone, ask a friend.
- Respect procedures and policy regarding booking of private rooms during play parties. Do not open a closed door / curtain unless you are the DM on duty.
- Keep your personal gear in the cubbies provided, not in the private rooms.
- Many people have sensitivities, so please keep the use of scented products to a minimum.
- Personal hygiene is important. Arrive at the club clean and keep yourself clean while you are there. If you have a particularly intense play session or are someone who sweats a lot, take a minute to freshen up from time to time.
- Clean up after yourself. If you have a snack or a drink, put your trash in the garbage cans. Empty any liquids from bottles or cans and place them in the recycling bin.
- Clean up private room or dungeon equipment after using them and dispose of or take with you any consumables that you used.
- If there is a scene in progress in the common area, try to avoid disrupting it as much as possible.
- As a courtesy, if you notice someone coming into the common area who has obviously just come from a scene, make room on the couches for them.